You are reading

Man Squatting in Empty Williamsburg Building Dead from Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

211 Jackson St | Google Maps 2018

Aug. 5, 2019 By Allie Griffin

One man has died and four others were sickened by possible carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Williamsburg building Saturday morning, according to police and fire officials.

Police were responding to a report of an unconscious person at 6:11 a.m. Saturday at 211 Jackson St when they found the man who was in his 40s lying on the ground in a second floor hallway. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The FDNY said it found “elevated CO levels,” inside the building at the time.

Two men, 24 and 50, and two women, 25 and 30, were taken by ambulance to the hospital in stable condition, police said.

The five people are believed to have been squatting in the building which is up for sale, according to the New York Post.

email the author: [email protected]

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

    In Brooklyn