Aug. 3, 2020 By Allie Griffin
The city will bring back its open restaurants outdoor dining program next June — or even earlier, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced today.
The program, which converts parts of city streets and sidewalks to dining areas, is set to expire on Oct. 31. De Blasio said the initiative will return next year, beginning June 1 or perhaps earlier in the spring.
“Expect to see that wonderful outdoor dining back next year,” he said during a morning press conference. “We may even extend it further, earlier in the spring.”